- Mode of transportation: Walking and train
- Take the train to Kyoto
- Walk or take a taxi to the hotel Rinn Kiyomizu Gojo
- Walk around the hotel area and grab dinner
- Yasaka-jinja Shrine is gorgeous lite up at night
- Mode of transportation: Subway and walking
- Grab a hardy breakfast at WholeFood Cafe Apprivoiser. You can walk there from the hotel.
- Get to Fushimi Inari Shrine early to start the hike to Mt. Inari.
- Lunch at the vendors outside of the shrine
- Rest up at the hotel for a bit
- Take in the sights through Higashiyama (Historic District) as you walk towards Kiyomizu-Dera. Along the way you will encounter countless temples and picturesque spots. Plan to spend at least 2 hours at Kiyomizu-Dera. We got there during daylight and stayed until night to see the park light up.
- If you have time in the day, consider explore Nanzen-ji Temple
- Mode of transportation: Subway, bus and walking
- Grab breakfast near the hotel
- Get an early start to the Arashiyama Bamboo Forest.
- Explore the Golden Pavilion and the surrounding park
- Visit Nijo Castle and grounds.
- Dinner: Chao Chao Gyoza Shijo Kawaramachi for some delicious gyoza!
- Spend the evening walking about the Gion district
- Enjoy the morning around your hotel. Perhaps return to WholeFood Cafe Apprivoiser for breakfast.
- Check out of the hotel and walk to the station
- Take the train back to Tokyo at 11am
#yasakajinjashrine #fushimiinari #kiyomizudera #nanzenjitemple #arashiyamabambooforest #goldenpavilion #nijocastle