Overview: Solo backpacker travelling Europe; general exploration of London
Hostel Recommendations: Wombat’s The City Hostel, Hostel One Notting Hill. Both of these hostels were incredible. The Wombat has a bar in the basement and we all watched a football game together and played beer pong. Notting Hill is in a great location. They have hostel dinners and bar crawls. Wombat was much ‘nicer’ while Notting Hill was more party oriented. Both fun.
Market Recommendations: Camden Market, Borough Market, Portobello Road. I spent many hours at each of these places. There is a lot to see, many different foods to try, live music to hear, and shops!
Restaurant Recommendations: Candella Team Room (Best tea + scones!), Dishoom, any of the market food, tesco (for the cheap 3 pound meals!), Pret (for cheap breky)
Drinks: Swift Soho (live music downstairs, good cocktails), The Shard (if you go up for drinks only you don’t have to wait in line), The Lord Southampton (fun pub),
- Walk from Tower of London to the London Eye, beautiful walk by the river, go past The Globe, end up in a very vibrant area especially at night.
- Free walking tours (Sandemans are my favorite). I did a royal tour (and I don’t really care much about the royals) but it was extremely informative!
- Any museums you can go to. Natural History Museum was great.
- Stop by Harrods for the fun of it
- Hyde Park of Course! Walk everywhere. Pack a lunch.
- I took a day trip to Brighton. It was a nice escape from the hustle of the city.
- Just explore. I spent the majority of my time just walking around the city.