Los Angeles is a challenging place to visit short term since it is so spread out and can take a long time to get places with the traffic. I recommend staying at least 2 weeks to see everything. I'm going to focus this guide on "local" spots instead of tourist areas. I'm also going to heavily focus on the music aspect that Los Angeles has to offer.
Los Angeles has some of the coolest architecture in the world, the best food, and world class activities. You're close to snow, the desert, the beach, and abundant nightlife.
- Mizlala for Mediterranean food in West Adams
- Bavel for Mediterranean food in Arts District
- Rose Cafe in Venice
- Laurel Hardware in West Hollywood
- Scopa in Venice
- Iroha Sushi in the Valley
- In Sheep's Clothing: my favorite bar in the world. For music lovers. It's a hi-fi lounge with a very expensive Klipsch speaker setup and the spin vinyl in a perfect acoustic setting. They serve great Japanese whiskey at night and tea during the day.
- Neighbor in Venice
- Ace Hotel in DTLA
- Anthing owned by Spaceland: The Echo and Echoplex, Troubador, and The Regent
- Club called Rhonda
- Fonda Theator
- The Wiltern
- Will Rodgers State Park
- Los Leones
- Topanga Canyon
Places to Go/Other
- walk around UCLA campus
- Use ResidentAdvsisor for small and underground concerts