I have been to New Orleans (NOLA) a couple of times. This city is full of color, festivals, music, and many more. One of my friends visited from Kentucky. So we planned for a 2-days trip to New Orleans.
Transportation: We arrived there by car. Because, it is only 3 hours drive from my home Lafayette. But you can directly come here by air also. There is one international airport in New Orleans. To travel around here, you can use Uber/Lyft. But it is always cheaper to rent a car. Public Transport is the worst.
Lodging : If you want to get the most of New Orleans, you can stay in French Quarter which is heart of NOLA. But it is costly and you need to book in advance (1 month before) to get hotel/airbnb. We stayed 30 minutes far away from NOLA.
Day 01 : We arrived there in the evening. It was preplanned to arrive in the evening because we want to explore the night life of NOLA
- French Quarter : It is famous for its nightlife. You will find clubs, bars cand anything! Walking in the bouborn street is fabulous. You can see people performing music, dance in the street
- Ghost Tour : The series "True Blood " was shooten in NOLA. We took a ghost tour. This tour take us with some spooky places. Admission Fee : 45$
- Dance to live music on Frenchman street
Food: NOLa has many popular cocktails. We tried "Handgrane" which is the most popular one. We tried seafood for our dinner. There are many restaurants in Bouborn street/french quarter. We ate our dinner at GW Finns. The cost was around $$$
Day 02: We visit some historical places in our day 2.
- Jackson Square : A historic park: Admission is free
- St. Louis Cathedral : It is a 17th century architecture. Admission is free. It is just opposite of Jackson sqaure.
- Cafe Du monde : A coffee shop with world famous beignet and cafe lauit. The cost is $$. WE took both of these items
- Mardi Gras World : Mardi Gras is a popular festival in Louisiana. We visit these museums and got a chance to see how the festival is and how the floats are made. Admission fee : 22$ and admission time : 9 to 5:30 PM.
Food: We took our lunch in an indian restaurant. I forget the name :(. But you can find lots of cuisine near french quarter.