We landed at Sangster International Airport in Montego Bay. One of my favorite parts about this airport is the welcome sign printed above the entrance into customs, it reads "Welcome Home". Reading that always makes me feel warm inside :-). After getting through customs we headed off to our resort which was a 2-hour drive.
Jewels Dunns's River- Is an all-inclusive resort that sits along a beach in Ocho Rios. We were told when Jamaicans themselves go on vacation this is one of the resorts they visit.
- Areas divided between quiet and music right alongside the beach.
- The all-inclusive rates include top-shelf liquor, meals, and snacks
- The authentic island FOOD! They had Ackee & Saltfish available for breakfast daily and nightly dinners that were always on point!
- Free airport transport and wifi
- I've been to many resorts and they usually have watered down entertainment, but this resort had the best! They a live band playing nightly and shows that included steelpan shows and circus act with people walking on glass and blowing fire
The decor was a bit outdated, but nothing too serious, other than that there were no other issues.
We made sure to not move too much on this vacation, the goal here was to really relax and enjoy the sun. The only trip we made was to eat KFC. KFC in Jamaica is really good, you can go with the original or if you prefer a little spice, then try the hot and spicy, whichever one you choose, you won't regret it. It's never dry always moist and very satisfying.