Kraków, you beauty:
When one of my friends suggested to go to Kraków with him, I had no clue I would fall in love with the city. It is one of the best cities to visit within Europe. I live in London, so I took a flight to Kraków from Gatwick airport which is almost 2 hours direct flight. It was the beginning of the pandemic, so there were hardly any tourists in the city. But the city would be best to visit during summer around June to August.
For more information on Krakow, you can follow me @shref
Landing in Kraków:
It’s a small airport, the border control did not take much time. When we got out of the airport, we booked Uber and the cost of the taxi shocked us both. For almost 15Kms of the route from the airport to the hotel was just in £ 5.5. The cheapest that I have travelled in Europe. #cheap
We had pre-booked hotel in Kazimierz, Jewish quarter. It was a reasonable hotel under budget, but the nicest of the hotels doesn’t cost too much of money if booked in advance.
Iconic Places to Visit:
Krakow is a small city which can be covered by walk. If you cannot walk then Uber doesn’t cost much. There is good public transportation including trams.
- Wawel Royal Castle : It’s a must visit beautiful Castle
- Wawel Cathedral : Listen to the trumpet at the strike of every hour, most people miss this.
- Krakow Old town : Guided walking if that helps
- The Cloth Hall
- St. Mary’s Basilica
- Jewish Quarters within Kazimierz
- Rynek Glowny Central Square
Restaurants to Visit:
Food is an important part of culture which I always explore. They have the best food. Soup, pierogi to Vodka, you name it. It hardly costs £ 6-7 in each of the restaurants.
- Chimera : SET food must try. Beetroot Soup is a must try.
- Zapiekanki u Endziora : This is a delicious food must try
- Mr Vincent : Pierogi – must try.
- Klubokawiarnia Mleczarnia : Rum tea and Rum hot chocolate is a must try
Almost all places are instagrammable places. But will list few places to enhance your insta followers.
- Wawel Royal Castle
- St. Mary’s Basilica
- Metrum Restobistro – Must visit place
You can follow and view my Instagram for instagrammable places @shref