- We brought our bikes and biked all around the city. You can rent bikes when you are there, too.
- Focused on beer and food
- Lakefront Brewing, Cheese Curds
Favorite Local Beer:
- IPA, Lakefront Brewing
- Lakefront Lager, Lakefront Brewing
- Bike the Beerline Trail
- Walk the boardwalk along the river
- Hilton Garden Inn Milwaukee Downtown, HIGHLY recommend
- A historical office building renovated into a hotel. The hotel itself is a museum with the most gorgeous interior. We stayed in the bank vault rooms (which were built to protect against Bonnie & Clyde). Worth every penny
Beerline Trail: This is a really cool nature trail that goes ~8 miles north of the city. The trail is pavement and is in the middle of the (not dense) woods. It is a beautiful and relaxing ride. The best part is there are breweries all along the trail! We went to the following breweries: Lakefront (Can’t say enough good things about it), Hubbard Park Beer Garden, Estabrook Beer Garden, The Bavarian Bierhouse (have German fest end of August-September), Good City Brewing (just off the path). We sampled beers and ate at every venue. Hubbard Park and Estabrook are right along the water/woods, so there are very short walking trails and nice overlooks. This took around 8 hours but it was fun to sample the local beers and eat food. We also were able to see so much of the city by biking.