A few months ago, my friends and I had the opportunity to travel to the Riviera Maya to enjoy the summer vacation and during that trip, I dedicated myself to gather interesting information for those tourists who travel for the first time to Cancun and still have some doubts about this tourist site. I invite you to continue reading my post if you want to know more about this wonderful place.
- First of all, Cancun is the most populated city in the state of Quintana Roo. Its old name was "Ekab" which means "Black Land". Nowadays its name is "Cancun" and means in the Mayan language "Nest of snakes".
- Cancun is one of Mexico's most famous cities for its white sandy beaches and crystal clear turquoise waters.
- Cancun's international airport is one of the most important in Latin America. It is the second largest airport in Mexico and the one that receives the most international traffic every year.
- Cancun is ideal to receive all kinds of people. From people who want to take a few days of rest and relaxation, to people who want to party and have fun.
- The climate in Cancun is warm most of the year. It has an average temperature of 25 degrees but can easily exceed 30 degrees. The most important thing to keep in mind is that there is a very marked rainy season between June and October, with September and October being the rainiest. Therefore, the best season to travel is during the months of November to May.
- Cancun is full of party atmosphere and nightlife. If you're looking for nights of fun and adrenaline, Cancun has many nightclubs, bars, and beach clubs that offer night parties.
- The best nightlife is found mainly in the Hotel Zone. Here you can find the most famous nightclubs, bars, and restaurants in Cancun.
- Every year in February, Cancun celebrates its famous carnival. For almost a week the streets and tourist sites are filled with beautiful decorations, parades, cultural and musical events.
- Cancun is divided into 5 main zones. The first and most important is the "Cancun Island" (hotel zone) where you can find most of the tourist activities. It measures approximately 22km and has 9 public beaches. Most of this area is restricted due to the large hotel chains that operate there.
- Another division is the Urban Zone where you will find the largest number of inhabitants of Cancun.
- The last 2 zones are called Ejidal Strip located to the north of the city and Alfredo V. Bonfil.
Unique places in Cancun!
Cancun International Airport
Its large airport, which currently has 4 terminals, has flights to almost the entire world and offers the opportunity to book services such as a cancun airport shuttle that allows tourists to easily reach their place of accommodation.
Nearby ecological parks like Xcaret and Xenses, which offer their own recreational activities and put you in direct contact with nature. Most tourists love these sites. You can visit thoe sites if you visit The Riviera Maya, you can fin differents companies that offers transfers from Cancun to Playa del Carmen.
The nightlife in Cancun, which offers fun and party atmosphere in all senses. The nightclubs and bars offer a party until dawn. Many of the visitors who go looking for a party love these places and say that they spend incredible moments.