We landed at Punta Cana International Airport where we were immediately hounded by cab drivers. Per prior instructions from some friends who previously traveled from there, I recommend either booking travel from the airport through the hotel or a private company approved by one of the many travel sites.
Iberostar Grand Bavar (All inclusive) Adults ONLY - One of the most beautiful resorts I've been to in the Caribbean. Also one of the largest! it sits on the seafront connected to other hotels that bear the name Iberostar. It's ideal for couples since there are no kids allowed, but if you wanted to look around at the other connected hotels you can, just walk (about 30 mins) or take a golf cart ride along with an employee heading
in that direction.
- All rooms get a butler, something I'm not used to, but it was very helpful in just having someone to help me navigate the resort as well as making reservations for dinner.
- Beautiful resort with NO MOSQUITOS!!!! There are tons of wildlife within and around the ponds. Birds of all types (flamingoes where my favorite to watch), turtles, and fish. The gardens were also well kept.
- They had a full-scale sailing ship which was a bar where they hosted a karaoke nights and played live band shows, very relaxing.
- The food was really good as well, they had I think 7 restaurants to choose from. The food was well seasoned and fresh. My favorite time to eat was breakfast where they made me a desert-style crepe with chocolate and Nutella,
To be honest, none that I can think of. The rooms were well kept and clean. The staff was very friendly and helpful whenever asked a question. They were even surprised us with a rose petal bath in our jacuzzi. One of the best resorts I've been to.
Outside the resort, we went on a snuba adventure which also included snorkeling and a speedboat. If you don't know what SNUBA is it's the perfect cross between snorkeling and scuba diving. While breathing through a simple-to-use regulator that’s connected to an air supply that floats comfortably at the water’s surface, SNUBA allows you to explore a three-dimensional underwater world you simply can’t enjoy when snorkeling!
SNUBA can be enjoyed at any depth – at the surface, 2 feet, 10 feet, or even 20 feet – without any certification or heavy, cumbersome air tanks. The company we went with is called Bavaro speedboat, snorkeling, and snuba. The speedboat and SNUBA was my favorite part.
For activities on the resort we,
- Took salsa and bachata lessons
- Archery lessons
- Bootcamp classes ( really good class!)