Chicago is such a beautiful city - some of the best architecture in the world, amazing music scene, lively bars, and top notch food and sports. It's easy to get around with the train, walkable, and has some of the best museums in the world.
Things to Do
- Reckless Records: best record shop in Chicago, the guys know their stuff here. I tend to pick up a record as a souvenier from each place I travel to, because the music then reminds me of the trip.
- Take a boat architecture tour. Chicago has some of the most beautiful architecture in the US, and a very interesting history.
- The Art Institute of Chicago: One of the greatest and biggest museums in America. Highly recommend.
Restaurants and Bars
- Girl and the Goat: probably my favorite restuarant in all of Chicago.
- Pequod's: My favorite Chicago pizza.
- Cindy's: Swanky penthouse/balcony brunch and drinks place with a view.
Where to Stay
We stayed at the Viceroy in the Gold Coast and it was one of the most beautiful hotels I've ever stayed at. Amazing decor, an awesome and lively rooftop bar, and great service. We didn't even go to other bars in the Gold Coast because the rooftop bar here was so great!