I went up to the Catskills for 11 days where I spent the majority of my time hiking and skiing. Here are some recommendations for the area!
- Wittenburg via Woodland Valley: Great 8 mi. hike with a fantastic south-eastern view of the Ashokan Resovoir.
- Plateau/Sugarloaf Via Devils Tombstone: Very Challenging 10 mi hike/4.5k gain. Make sure you're preppared to spend 8+ hours outside and have the right gear for this hike in winter.
- Hunter/SW Hunter Via Mink Hollow: Very popular and 10 mi hike. Managable for a variety of hiking abilities.
- Kaaterskill High Peak: Challenging 8 Mi hike but managable for most, especially during the warmer months.
Skiing: I did all my skiing up at Windham which Ive been going to for years. I'd recommend Windham over Hunter and defiitely over Bellayre. I think they have the best snow generally and the weather tends to be slightly colder but more temperat than hunter; Hunter gets very windy which tosses fresh snow off the trail.
- Brios in Pheonicia: Fantastic Pizza and Sandwiches
- Pheonicia Diner in Pheonicia: This is a mainstay in the area. Has all the diner staples you'd expect.
- Mama Boys Burgers in Tannersville: Great burger spot