Day 4: Denali - Chena Hot Springs
- Didn't get enough of Denali National Park? Drive your car the 15 miles into the park and stop at your own pace to take pictures and look for moose.
- Stop at the visitor center to learn about marked trails in the area and pick one at your level
- We did the Horseshoe Lake Trail and the Mountain Vista Trail
- Begin the 3 hour drive to Chena Hot Springs. Food and gas is limited along the way so if you need supplies stop when you see a store!
- Checkin at the Resort and walk the property- it has lots to look at and there are also trails in the area
- Join one of the Ice Museum Tours to see inside the world's largest year-round ice environment. Make sure to book the option for an appletini so you can enjoy a beverage at the ice bar.
- Put on your suit and head to the hot springs for a soak- you deserve it after all that hiking
- Grab a bite at the onsite restaurant for dinner
Sleep: Chena Hot Springs Resort (cell service is also spotty even with wifi)
Day 5: Chena Hot Springs - Fairbanks
- Get in one last soak at the springs and then get ready for your journey home
- Drive to Fairbanks
- If you have time stop at the Fairbanks Visitor Center to learn about the area or explore the downtown strip.
- Definitely grab a bite before you head to the airport as food options are limited there
- Fly home and think about your next trip to Alaska