In winter break, 5 of my friends planned to visit 3 major cities of Texas. One caution, if you live in a cold-weather place, don't visit Texas in summer. It is too hot there. The best time to visit Texas is from October to March. Each day we visit one city on our 3 days trip.
Lodging: We did not stay at night but I saw that there are many airbnbs and hotels in Houston. The cost is around 60 to 100 bucks. However, we arrived there by car. Because We live in Lafayette, LA which is only 3 hours drive from Houston.
- Galleria Mall: Parking is free, more than 400 stores and hundreds of popular brands
- Waterwall: Gerald. D Hine Waterwall is a multi-story sculptural fountain. Caution: you might get wet if you go too close. However, it is an insta-worthy place. And also you should visit when there is proper sunlight.
- Houston Museum of Natural Science: Admission Fee:13$, Admission hours:9 to 5 pm
Food: Many options. We choose an Iranian restaurant "Bijan Persian Grill". The cost was around $$
Lodging: We booked an Airbnb near downtown. The cost per night for 5 people was around 150 bucks
- Alamo: Admission Fee :$40 bucks. There is also free timed admission. But We couldn't match the time. Alamo is a historic Spanish mission and fortress
- Historic Market Square: It is an outdoor plaza with shops and restaurants. Its a very colorful place and always have a festive vibe
- San Jose Mission: Admission is free
- San-antonio riverwalk: A must-visit the place. You should visit at night. Lights, music, and food. What a great combination it is. You can also take a boat tour here.
Food: We take our lunch/dinner at the san-Antonio riverwalk. The cost was $$.
Lodging: We stayed in the same Airbnb at San Antonio. Because Austin is an only 1-hour drive from San Antonio.
- Lady Bird park: Nice park with Austin city view
- State Capitol: Wonderful structure. Due to covid restrictions, we could not enter. But the outside architecture is breathtaking
- Mount Bonnel: You will get a beautiful lake view and mountain view. Its a small hike and there are stairs to go up
Food: We went to the iconic restaurant of Austin "The Oasis on Lake Travis". You must visit there during sunset. You will get an wonderful view of mountain, lake and sunset